Science Hall Of Fame!

My poster for disabled people’s history month features the famous scientist Stephen Hawking. My poster follows the same art style as the artist Shepard Fairy, who has made many posters to support great historic figures for their respective history months. My poster is about the impact of Stephen Hawking on both the world of science and the boundaries of disabled people. I made this poster first, by creating the image in Photoshop. I cut it out with a clipping mask and then colored it with a gradient. For the second part of the project I put it into Illustrator and added some graphic lines, text, and a background. My title for this poster says “believe.” I chose the word believe because Stephen Hawking was one of the greatest scientists of all time. He was at the height of his work on black holes when he was diagnosed with motor neuron disease. The doctors told him that he would never speak again and yet he believed and he found a way. I used a mix of light and dark colors to make it pop out to the viewers and I chose the cyan, yellow, and magenta because I thought that they complimented each other quite well. My goal for this work was to emphasize Stephen Hawking and his accomplishments as well as to raise awareness for disabled people. Overall I quite enjoyed this project, I thought it was really fun and I am happy with how mine turned out.