Abstract Art

Refraction
Oil & Water
Shadows
Water Beads

Photograph- Oil & Water
a. What is the distinct mood of the photograph? The mood of the photo is futuristic and mysterious. The Oil and Water in the photo emits an almost green glow, drawing the viewer in as though it were a portal to another world.
b. What does the photo make you think about? Explain. This photo makes me think of the portals from the show Rick and Morty. I really like the show and that is why I chose his photo.
c. What in the photo jumps out at you? Explain. In this photo, what jumps out at me is the swirling, hypnotic quality of the oil. I feel like it draws viewers into its center and allows for contemplation and artistic interpretation as to what viewers think that the oil and water is supposed to resemble, art is different when viewed through different people’s eyes.
d. How does the photo make you feel? Explain. In this photo, surprisingly enough, I don’t feel a jolt of emotion. The colors feel cool and dark, like being in a damp cave. They make me feel kind of sleepy and relaxed.
e. What advice would you give to next year’s students for shooting abstract photography? Some advice I would give to next years students in regard to shooting abstract photography would be-
1. make sure you get the right angle, don’t be afraid to move around in order to get the best angle.
2. DON’T MIX THE WATER BEADS!!