many kinds of art

Line (man made)
Line (natural)
Space
Shape (geometrical)
Space
Color
Value
Form
Shape (organic)

Texture

Reflection- I see a few strengths and weaknesses in my work. A strength is that I am decent at editing my photos to make them look good.  A weakness is that I am not good with file formats. I might improve or refine my approach in future photography projects by doing two things. Firstly learning how to properly export files as PNGs. Secondly I would be more experimental and exploratory with the photoshop tools. With my organic shape photograph I sought to convey a few emotions and messages. First, I wanted to create an awareness for nature. Second I wanted to provide pleasant color so that people would realize the aesthetics of photography. There are specific elements of art I would like to explore further in photography. Firstly I would like to explore texture more. I also like color. On my next project Some concepts and techniques I want to experiment with are macro shots and color.

2 thoughts on “many kinds of art

1. Your photos that exemplify space (yellow flower) and shape (organic) are my favorites. There’s just something about the aesthetics in the photo that you bring about greatly with flowers. On flowers, the space (pink) has great composition in the rule of thirds, as I could really tell what was important in the photo straight away while looking at it. In contrast, however, I think your color photo could’ve been more emphasized. I’d suggest drowning out the green or making the yellow more brighter to highlight what color should be the focal point. Otherwise, very nice photos!

2. My two favorite photos of Marko’s are his natural line photo and his form photo. Marko brilliantly captures the textures of the two photos, even though texture isn’t the main focus point in either of the photos. Marko’s space photo could be better, as the photo is quite blurry. Marko uses RULE OF THIRDS in his space photo, as the flowers sit at the top left corner of the frame. That is where the rule of thirds line cross.